Sunday, December 14, 2008

a dress preview

Our church had there Christmas programs this Sunday and they were good. They had the kids sing a few songs and then the adults sang and performed. After the kids got done singing I wanted a picture of my two kiddos. Cameron thought it would be cool to include our pastor, which I have no objections. The pastor gladly let us take the picture. Kirsten was one of the angels and I thought she did great. I had some people tell me they were waiting for Kirsten to run. They needed a good laugh. Well, she did not run, but Kirsten did try to do the bigger kids motions.

My girls were not going to get Christmas dresses this year. I could not find one I liked and then I could not get the girls matching or at least get colors that matched. I finally got to the point of realization, the girls needed (or I wanted) Christmas dresses. I found two not so cute and did not go together at ALL dresses. I could not bring myself to buy them. So, I decided to make the girls Christmas dresses. The dresses match and I also made jackets for the dresses that will match. This is Kacy's dress and jacket. I was really kind of shocked at how excited the girls were about me making them dresses. I made Kirsten's dress first and Kacy was so sad she did not have one. Kacy took the extra fabric and just wanted me to wrap her up in it. When I am sewing the girls and even Cameron is hovering over me. All I have to do is start the machine and kids swarm around. Well, tell me what you think. I have not made anything since the 9Th grade and I did not use any patterns. Josh got me the sewing machine on Saturday for a Christmas present.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Job!!!! Especially with no pattern..It is beautiful!!!! Can't wait to see them in their beautiful dresses!!!

Brandi

laura said...

That is really cute! You did a good job:)

twingrlsplus1 said...

I have to say, I have not sewed since the 9th grade and I can't even sew a button on. Your girls are going to look soooo pretty in these dresses.

Kina said...

NO PATTERN??? You are amazing! It is super cute, and you sewed that really fast!

Stacy said...

Great job and I think pretty girls like yours need Christmas dresses! Enjoy your machine I love mine and I can't wait to get it back out after the holidays!

Pambo said...

Impressive! Kirsten's dress was even cuter when it was on her. Had no idea you made it. It was adorable.