Tuesday, January 20, 2009

In need

Kirsten has been collecting change and wants to have a piggy bank. I told her I would buy one, but I thought it would be cute if she made one. I am needing a formula can with its lid, if anyone has one that Kirsten could have. I would appreciate it and I bet Kirsten would to. She loves painting and making stuff.

I also wanted to share some new things Kirsten has learned. Kirsten has learned who has made her....if asked Kirsten says proudly "Jesus made me." She also says "God made me." She loves to be asked this question and talk about it. If you do ask her, if she isn't being shy, Kirsten might tell you what else God made.

This new knowledge of who made her also helps Kirsten to be nicer to her sister. The girls devotion that I read to them was talking about being selfish. Kirsten didn't understand it all to well yesterday. In the story it talked about a girl who wouldn't share the pancakes. When she kept them to herself the pancakes didn't taste that good. Well, Kirsten just talked to me about everyone in the family who liked pancakes and how she didn't. Today the girls were playing (after Kirsten was telling me all of what God made) and Kacy had something Kirsten wanted and Kirsten started talking ugly and taking the toy away. I got Kirsten's attention and told her "Jesus doesn't like us to talk ugly to people and Jesus doesn't like for us to be mean to people. Jesus want us to share toys and be nice to people." Kirsten goes on playing, but is being nice about it. An hour or two later, Kacy is not playing exactly how Kirsten wants Kacy to play. So, Kirsten is taking the toy away.

me: "Kirsten does Jesus like us to act that way?"

Kirsten: "No, Jesus wants us to be nice."

Kirsten looks at the toy with a sad look on her face, looks at her sister and then gives the toy back to Kacy with a big smile on her face.

I had to post some pictures of my girl who is growing up. Kirsten also tells me how she is growing up, but is still young.
DSC_0068
DSC_0053

1 comment:

twingrlsplus1 said...

How sweet, Kirstens pics are cute as always!!